- Enable Google analytics and make sure to fix all issues mention in google analytics. There are a few common issues.
● Missing Ecommerce Data
● Link Analytics and Search Console
● Filter Internal Traffic
● Configure a Goal Flow
- Check Google search console and fix all issues. There are a few common issues
● Missing Product information like price, currency, review, SKU, image etc
● Submit sitemap and keep monitoring indexed URL. If any URLs not indexed then submit again for indexing. It normally takes 1-2 days to index.
● Fix mobile usability issues
● Check whether you have amp page enabled or not. Bigcommerce has default feature to enable AMP for category and product page.
● Check coverage section and submit for indexing only those URLs which are product, page, category and brands. Do not submit filter URLs, account URLs, cart URL etc.
- Check google merchant account and update all missing information in products especially images, tax, shipping information (dimension, weight if a product is a physical product)
- Enable SSL for all pages because google gives preference to URLs with HTTPS
- Add Category description, images and meta information which helps to boots the ranking
- Add proper product description and meta information which help you to rank on google
- Use email marketing app such as MailChimp to do email marketing and advertisement
- Create customer group for regular visitors on the site and provide coupon code to encourage purchase
- Enable bigcommerce return system which helps to manage return from the same bigcommerce admin
- Configure google customer review which helps the user to understand your brand better.
- Configure google shopping feed to easily send your BigCommerce catalog to Google Merchant Centre to start creating Shopping campaigns with Google AdWords
- Enable different sales channel which allows you to sale your product on different platform like Amazon, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, eBay etc
- Once everything is set up keep monitoring the data like visitors, origin, session, session endpoint etc and keep improving the store on the basis of data you get from Google and bigcommerce analytics. (Bigcommerce and google analytics data do not match because both uses different method and technique to collect user, session and other data)