To Built your Shopware 5 store, It is necessary to have Configurable Products. Follow the steps to create a configurable product with basic information. After finishing the basic information, it is possible to complete the advanced settings if you need.
To create Configurable Product follow below steps:
1.) Login to admin panel and go to Items -> Create or Simply, use shortcut key (Ctrl + Alt + N).
2.) In Basic info fill out the information which are required:
- Manufacturer: Select the manufacturer of the product by clicking on the dropdown menu or add a new one by navigation under Items -> Manufacturers.
- Item Name: Enter the name of your product.
- Item Number: Enter the unique number for each product. Allowed characters are: Alphanumeric characters: (0-9 A-Z) & Additional characters: (. – _)
- Active: Check the box if you want to enable the products or you can it unchecked if you want to disable the product.
- Variants: Check the variant box to create configurable products. This is required for configurable products.
- VAT: You can set vat according to your county.
- Template: Select the template as your requirement.
- Active price group: In this box, you can checkmark if you want to use the price group.
- Select price group: Select the price group if you have checked the active price group.
- Purchase price: Enter the purchased price of the product in which price you have purchased the products.
Click on Save item to enable the Variants option.
3.) Prices: In the price section enter the price of the product which will appear in the storefront.
4.) Description: In this section you can add description about the products.
5.) Meta information: Enter the title, short description, and keywords of the products for a better SEO ranking.
6.) Base price calculation: In this section you can set the base price calculation in your shop by giving Unit of measurement, Contents, Base unit, and Packing unit.
7.) Categories: We can assign category for the products.
8.) Images: In the image section upload the product image for better attraction of the customer.
9.) Variants: In this section, you have options to create multidimensional products like size, color, etc according to the different variants of the product which you are adding. In the variants section, We have two sections Available variants & Configuration.
- Click on Variants
- Go to configuration
- Select the group name by checkmark and click on that group name to get the option of that group.
- Select the Options from the right side of the dialogue box.
- Click on Generate Variants then click on Yes after that click on Start process & you will be redirected to Available variants.
10.) In the available variants section, you can change the stock for each variant
11.) Save Item: Click on save item to save the product which you have added.