A downloadable product can be anything that can be delivered as a file, such as an ebook, music, video, software application or update. You can also use a downloadable product to provide an electronic version of your product catalog.
To create Downloadable Product follow below steps:
Step 1: Login to admin panel and go to Catalog -> Products.
Step 2: Go to Add Product & Select Downloadable Product.
- Select Attribute set.
- Enter the Product Name.
- Enter the SKU or you can use the default SKU that is based on the Product Name.
- Enter the product Price.
Step 3: Complete the Remaining Product Details, Such as:
- Tax Class
- Stock Status
- Set Product as New From
- Is Featured
- Country of Manufacture
- Description of the product & Short Description
- Upload Images & Videos of the Product
- Search Engine Optimization
- Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells
- Customizable Options
- Schedule Design Update
- Gift Options
Step 4: Complete the downloadable information.
- Complete the links.
- Complete the samples.
Step 5: After completing all the required field click on Save.
Things to remember
- Downloadable products can be uploaded to the server or linked from another server on the Internet.
- Customers who purchase a downloadable product may be asked to log in before making the payment.
- You can set the number of times a customer can download a product.
- The delivery of a downloadable product can be made when the order is in the Pending or Invoiced state.