For any eCommerce store, it really important to set up currencies. It allows users to check the prices for products and made payments in the same currencies.
In Shopware 6, you can setup currencies easily in your store. Follow the below steps to setup the new currency.
Step 1: Log in to the admin panel and go to Setting > Shop > Currencies.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Add Currency’ button to add a new one.
Step 3: Fill in the required fields.
- Name: Enter the name of the currency in this field. Eg:- Pound, Dollar, etc.
- ISO code: Enter the ISO code of your currency. Eg:- GBP, USD. You can find an overview of the valid ISO codes here: a list of currency codes
- Short name: Enter the short name of your currency. Eg:- GBP, USD. Please note that the short name must consist of exactly three letters.
- Symbol: Add the currency symbol in the field. Eg:- £ (pound), $ (dollar).
- Conversion factor: Enter the factor of your currency, which is defined by the standard currency in your system. Eg:- 1.33 for the US dollar.
Note:- The factor is defined by the system standard currency.
When assigned, this factor converts the stored values of the system standard currency by using the factor and thereby displays the adjusted prices with the assigned currency in the frontend.
Step 4: Now fill in the ‘Price rounding‘ section.
- Decimal places: Enter a number to indicate how many decimal places should be taken into account in the calculation in the shopping basket. E.g:- 2
- Intervall: You can define how the further decimal places should be rounded. For example, you can take into account markets where the minimum unit of account is smaller than the lowest physical denomination of currency
- Round for net customers too: Enable this box if you want to apply the specified rounding for the positions also for net customers.
- Grand total: In the Grand total area you can make the settings 1-3 again separately for the grand total amount of the shopping cart.
Step 5: On the ‘Countries’ section. You can set different price rounding settings for individual countries. Click on the ‘Add country’ button.
Step 6: Select the country for which different price rounding settings are to be made. And click on the ‘Save‘ button.
Step 7: Click on the ‘Save‘ button and your currency will be saved.