In this article, you will learn how to add a new product to your shop using the built-in dashboard editor. This is the easiest way to add a product to your store and gives you an idea of the different requirements and attributes you can add at the product level.
Step 1: Log in to your Bigcommerce Admin Dashboard
Step 2: Then, goto products > Add
Step 3: Goto Details Tab:
- Add the Product Name in the Name Field.
- Add the price of the product in the Default Price Field.
- Choose the existing category or create the new one as shown in the screenshot below.
- Choose the product type based on your product/business.
- Set the Product Code/SKU to track the stock or inventory. (Optional)
- Add the weight of the product in the Weight Field.
- Set the Width, Height & Depth of the product based on your product type. (Optional)
- Add the Product Description in the Description Field.
- Enable the Shipping Method. (Optional)
- Select the Availability Option of the product. (Optional)
Step 4: Goto Images & Videos Tab:
- Add a new product image from the Upload New Product Images field as shown in the image below.
- You can also add youtube videos below the Product Images Field.
Step 5: Goto Inventory Tab:
- Choose the Inventory Tracking Method from the Inventory Tracking Field.
Step 6: After you finish filling up every required detail for adding products, you can click on the Save button at the bottom-right corner of the admin dashboard as shown in the image below.
Note: If you want to assign custom fields to your products then you can add them by going to the Custom Fields tab as shown in the image below.
- At first, add the Custom Field Name in the left-hand side box.
- After that, add the Custom Field Value in the right-hand side box.
Remarks: Options & SKUs, Other Details & Bulk Pricing Tabs are not required fields for adding new products. You can set the value as per your product’s requirement.