The cart price rules apply discounts to items in the cart, based on a number of conditions. The discount will be applied automatically as soon as the conditions are met or when the customer enters a valid coupon code. If applied, the discount appears in the cart under the partial total. A cart price rule can be used as needed for a season or promotion by changing its status and date range.
Complete the following steps to add a new cart price rule, describe the conditions, and define the actions.
To create Cart Price Rule follow below steps:
Step 1: Login to admin panel and go to Marketing -> Promotions -> Cart Price Rule.
Step 2: Click on Add New Rule.
Step 3: Enter the Rule Information.
- Enter the Rule Name.
- Enter the Discription.
- Select the Status.
- Select the Website.
- Select Customer Groups.
- Select Coupon status (No Coupon / Specific Coupon) as your requirement.
- User per Customer: Usage limit enforced for logged in customers only.
- Select From and To dates to determine when the price rule is in effect.
- Enter a number to set the Priority of this rule over other rules.
- Select Public in RSS Feed.
Step 4: Define the Condition.
Step 5: Define the Actions.
- Select Apply as from the list.
- Enter the Discount Amount.
- Select Maximum Qty Discount is Applied To.
- Select Discount Qty Step (Buy X).
- Select Apply to Shipping Amount.
- Select Discard subsequent rules.
- Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions(leave blank for all items).
Step 6: Complete the Labels: Default Rule Label for All Store Views.
Step 7: Manage Coupon Codes.
Step 8: Click on Save button.