How we can easily setup a customer on our Magento website. Let’s see a new customer is added to your website. So, what all options you can show to him/her. Here, we will see that all field which is visible to him/her you can easily Configure it from admin. Simply follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Login to your admin and go to Stores > Setting > configuration.
Step 2: Go to Customers > Customer Configuration.
Step 3: You will see these options you can customize it according to your requirement.
Online Customers Options:
- Online Minutes Interval: It determines the length of time that the activity of the customer is accessible from the Admin. Leave empty for the default interval of 15 minutes.
- Customer Data Lifetime: It determines the number of minutes before unsaved data. By default, unsaved data expires after 60 minutes.
Create New Account Options:
- Enable the Automatic Assignment to Customer Group: select the group in Default Group then set it to Yes to automatically assign a customer to this group.
- The customer will be changed automatically to Default Value when you select Yes based on VAT ID.
- Show the VAT Number on Storefront: Customer can see the VAT number in the fronted if it is set to Yes.
- Default Email Domain: Set it to the default email domain.
- Default Welcome Email: In this option, Set the template for an email to welcome.
- Default Welcome Email Without Password: Set it to the template for the new customer accounts which are created by admin which doesn’t yet have a password.
- Email Sender: Set the Email Sender to the store contact for sending a welcome email.
- Require Emails Confirmation: When Creating an account , choose Yes to require customer confirmation.
- Confirmation Link Email: For the Confirmation Email, Set the email template.
- Welcome Email: Set the email template for the welcome Email after confirming the account.
- Generate Human-Friendly Customer ID: To set Human-Friendly Customer ID, Select Yes.
- Password Reset Protection Type: Set the method to reset a customer Password.
- Max Number of Password Reset Requests: Entering 0 is unlimited requests. It limits the number of password reset requests per hour.
- Min Time Between Password Reset requests: Entering 0 is unlimited requests. It limits the time between password reset requests.
- Forgot Email Template: When customers forgot the password, Password will be reset using this option.
- Remind Email Template: It gives the hint specify of the email template when customer receives Password.
- Reset Password Template: It specifies the email template when customer reset the password.
- Password Template Email Sender: For password related emails, select the store contact as sender.
- Recovery Link Expiration Periods (hours): Set recovery email expiry time in hours.
- Number of Required Character Classes: Number of different character classes required in password: Lowercase, Uppercase, Digits, Special Characters.
- Maximum Login Failures to Lockout Account: You can set the maximum attempt for the wrong Username or Password to lockout the account.
- Minimum Password Length: You can set here maximum length of the password.
- Lockout Time (minutes): You can set time in Minute. Account will be unlocked after provided time.
Account Information Options:
- Email Template: Email template chosen based on theme fallback when “Default” option is selected.
- Change Email and Password Template: It identifies the default email template when a customer changes their email and password.
Name and Address Options:
- Number of Lines in a Street Address: Select the Number of lines between 1-4.
- Show Prefix: It includes the title that goes before the name. (e.g: Mr, Mrs, etc.)
- Prefix Dropdown Options: Use Semicolon(;) for separated values. Leave Empty For Open Text Field.
- Show Middle Name (initial): Select Yes to show the middle name. It won,t show if it is selected to No.
- Show Suffix: It includes the title that goes after the name.
- Suffix Dropdown Options: Use Semicolon(;) for separated values. Leave Empty For Open Text Field.
- Show Date Of Birth: It includes the Date of Birth.
- Show TAX/VAT Number: It Shows the TAX/VAT number on the Page.
- Show Gender: It shows the Gender of the person(e.g: ‘M’ for Male and ‘F’ for Female).
- Show Telephone: It shows the contact information or Telephone Number.
- Show Company: In this option, the Company name is included/Shown.
- Show Fax: It shows the Fax No.
- Redirect Customer to Account Dashboard after Logging in: Select Yes to redirect to the dashboard. If No is selected, the customer will stay on the current page.
Address Templates: as per your requirement you can set a templates for the address section.
CAPTCHA: In this option you can enable the Captcha for the customer.
Step 4: Click Save Config button.