Step 1:- Login to your Magento 2 admin panel.
Step 2:- Go to Content->Elements->Pages and click on it as shown in the image below.
Step 3:- Click on Home page as shown in image below.
Step 4:- Now click on Content tab then click on Show / Hide Editor as shown in image.
Step 5:- Now click on Insert Widget button and select Widget Type Catalog New Products List from the drop down as shown in image.
Step 6:- Then fill up Widget Options as shown in image below.
- Display Type:- Select New products to show new products on home page.
- Display Page Control:- If you want to show pagination to set Yes otherwise set No.
- Number of Products to Display:- Set the number of products to show on home page.
- Template:- Select different types of templates as per your requirements.
- Cache Lifetime (Seconds):- You can set the lifetime cache.
Step 7:- Then click on Insert Widget button.
Step 8:- At last click on Save button.
Step 9:- Finally clear the cache and refresh your home page and you will see all products which you set as new products in the backend.